This Day In Fractured Fairfax:January 13
- January 13, 1921 – Workmen discover the body of 41-year-old Robert Coffey hanging from a tree near the Accotink Creek in the area of Camp Humphreys. Coffey's death is ruled a suicide by the local magistrate.
- January 13, 1950 – 29-year-old Charlotte Meekins is raped, beaten, and drowned in an inlet of the Hunting Creek in on the grounds of the Belle Haven Country Club in Alexandria.
- January 13, 1983 – 18-year-old Stephanie D. Johnson is struck and killed as she attempts to cross Lee Highway near its intersection with Village Drive in Fairfax. Johnson is take to Fairfax Hospital, where she is pronounced dead.
- January 13, 1995 – 19-year-old Anthony Ortiz is shot to death outside the Lee Highway Multiplex Cinema in Merrifield by 17-year-old Gustavo A. Perez.
- January 13, 1999 – A failed business negotiation in a Fairfax parking lot results in the shooting deaths of 22-year-old Robert J. Davidson and 16-year-old Alexander D. Szymkowicz. The negotiation was in fact a ruse by recreational agricultural products salesman John P. Michaelangelo to steal $900 from a group of three youths which included Szymkowicz. When Davidson brandished a cigarette lighter shaped like a handgun in furtherance of the attempted rip-off, Szymkowicz reciprocated by brandishing a handgun shaped like a handgun and fatally shot Davidson in the chest. Michaelangelo then wrestled the gun away from Szymkowicz and shot him in the head.
- January 13, 2008 – 37-year-old Santos Bonifacio Gomez-Lopez is struck by the driver of a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta in the 7000 block of Little River Turnpike, who stops and calls police. Two more cars then run over Gomez-Lopez, but neither one stops. Gomez-Lopez is taken to the Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies of his injuries on January 22.
This Day In Fractured Fairfax