This is the main page of the Fractured Fairfax Web site, a site about Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Fractured Fairfax Web site is intended as satire and should not be relied on for truth, accuracy, or good taste.
This Day in Fractured Fairfax
- May 23, 1930 – 8-year-old Arline H. Shifflett is struck and killed by a car driven by Fairfax County Police officer Louis L. Finks as she crosses Leesburg Pike.
- May 23, 1965 – James and Marguerite Mott are denied access to Lake Fairfax because they are black.
- May 23, 1980 – A group of men break into the minimum security Dormitory 16 at the Lorton Reformatory and fatally shoot 35-year-old prisoner Douglas M. Boney. An intense police search follows, resulting in the arrests of 32-year-old Edward F. Sharrieff, 24-year-old Germain P. Stoddard, and 30-year-old John E. Landon.
- May 23, 1984 – 30-year-old Nancy Lee Kantarian stabs her daughter, 6-year-old Talia, to death in her Great Falls home, which she then sets on fire, causing her other daughter, 5-year-old Jamie, to burn to death.
- May 23, 1989 – 42-year-old John D. McMillan fatally shoots his estranged 23-year-old wife Sandra at his home at 2608 Ogden Street in Falls Church. Sandra McMillan is taken to Fairfax Hospital, where she dies about two hours later. John McMillan is discovered dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the house later that evening.
- May 23, 2002 – 38-year-old Jose Portillo is killed by a two-story fall from scaffolding at the Robinson Terminal Warehouse at 7201 Wimsatt Road in Springfield.
- May 23, 2003 – Circuit Court Judge Randy I. Bellows sentences Guy L. Favorite, III to 27 years and 11 months in prison for the December 2001 murder of Brenda S. Hill in Alexandria.
- May 23, 2007 – A Fairfax County Police officer shoots and kills 28-year-old Randall L. Rollins at the Fairview Motel in Alexandria when Rollins, who was armed, fails to follow police instruction.
- May 23, 2008 – Alfredo R. Prieto is given two death sentences by Judge Randy I. Bellows for the murders of Warren H. Fulton, III and Rachael A. Raver in Reston on December 4, 1988.
- May 23, 2011 – 23-year-old Marvin Jimenez Centellas is killed when he crashes his SUV at the intersection of Pickett Road and Colonial Avenue in the City of Fairfax and is thrown from the vehicle.