This is the main page of the Fractured Fairfax Web site, a site about Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Fractured Fairfax Web site is intended as satire and should not be relied on for truth, accuracy, or good taste.
This Day in Fractured Fairfax
- November 21, 1978 – 21-year-old James T. Clark, Jr. is sentenced to death by Judge Richard Jamborsky for killing George H. Scarborough on January 31 in a murder-for-hire plot. Clark's response upon hearing his fate is to tell the judge, "Well, it was nice to know you."
- November 21, 1981 – 11-year-old Bruce J. Tiemens is shot to death by his 10-year-old playmate at his home in Annandale.
- November 21, 1984 – 36-year-old Rosita A. Barker is mortally injured while crossing Elden Street in Herndon by Michael Capone when he strikes her with the pickup truck he is driving. Barker is taken by helicopter to Fairfax Hospital, where she dies early the next morning.
- November 21, 1988 – Herndon Town Manager Robert A. Stalzer fires Police Chief George W. Winkel, stating that he has lost confidence in Winkel's ability to act in that capacity. Fairfax County Police Major George E. Kranda, commander of the McLean District Station, becomes the town's acting chief.
- November 21, 1989 – 46-year-old Lorraine A. Harrison fatally shoots herself in the recycling area of the Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in Chantilly.
- November 21, 1989 – 56-year-old Nhan Trong Do is shot to death in his car outside his basement apartment at 3217 Apex Circle in Seven Corners. Do's corpse is discovered the following morning.
- November 21, 2009 – 43-year-old Verena T. Stutts commits suicide in the parking lot of the Willow Oaks Corporate Center in Merrifield by setting her Mitsubishi SUV on fire and burning herself to death.
- November 21, 2011 – The BB&T bank in the Village Shops at Crosspointe shopping center in Fairfax Station is robbed by Jeffrey B. Koch.