This is the main page of the Fractured Fairfax Web site, a site about Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Fractured Fairfax Web site is intended as satire and should not be relied on for truth, accuracy, or good taste.
This Day in Fractured Fairfax
- December 17, 1975 – After chasing his 29-year-old estranged wife Katherine into the bedroom with a bread knife, 36-year-old Lawrence D. Golz is shot to death by Katherine in the family home at 3623 Camelot Drive in Annandale.
- December 17, 1999 – Circuit Court Judge F. Bruce Bach sentences 43-year-old Gloria Prudencio to 14 years in prison for beating, stabbing, and finally setting her 18-year-old daughter Yiti Arevalo on fire in the family's Falls Church condominium on December 22, 1998.
- December 17, 2007 – Nathan P. Jones is found not guilty by reason of insanity in the stabbing murder of his mother on May 12, 2006.
- December 17, 2011 – 22-year-old Michael J. Henley is struck by two vehicles and mortally injured while attempting to cross Silverbrook Road near Crosspointe Drive in Fairfax Station. He is taken to a local hospital, where he is pronounced dead.
- December 17, 2013 – Assistant superintendent Deborah L. Tyler announces that Fort Hunt Elementary School principal Barbara Liebbrandt, who had come under intense criticism from both parents and staff after four years as principal, will resign her position effective January 1, 2014.