This is the main page of the Fractured Fairfax Web site, a site about Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Fractured Fairfax Web site is intended as satire and should not be relied on for truth, accuracy, or good taste.
This Day in Fractured Fairfax
- April 21, 1960 – 12-year-old Charles W. Kidwell is struck and killed by an automobile as he walks along a rural road in Chantilly.
- April 21, 1976 – 17-year-old Joe Webb, Jr. drowns while swimming in Lake Barcroft in Falls Church.
- April 21, 1976 – 20-year-old Bruce Chase drowns while swimming in Woodside Lake in McLean.
- April 21, 1981 – James D. Fries shoots and mortally wounds 48-year-old Franklin D. Sumpter with a shotgun during a botched early-morning robbery at the 7-Eleven at 7724 Telegraph Road in Alexandria. Sumpter is discovered unconscious on the floor of the store and taken to the Mount Vernon Hospital, where he dies later that morning.
- April 21, 1993 – 33-year-old Rory R. Randolph is stabbed to death by Raynaldo Brandon and James Smith at the Lorton Correctional Complex to satisfy an unpaid debt.
- April 21, 2007 – 67-year-old Pedro Rodriguez is struck and mortally injured by a car driven by 86-year-old Roy I. Brooks as he crosses Telegraph Road near Huntington Avenue in Alexandria. Brooks flees the scene, and Rodriguez is taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies on May 12.