This is the main page of the Fractured Fairfax Web site, a site about Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Fractured Fairfax Web site is intended as satire and should not be relied on for truth, accuracy, or good taste.
This Day in Fractured Fairfax
- December 16, 1967 – The Alexandria City Council votes unanimously to bring a suit in Fairfax Circuit Court seeking to annex nearly 8.5 miles of Fairfax County.
- December 16, 1995 – 13-year-old Jonathan A. Hall is stabbed to death by 44-year-old James A. Murray and 15-year-old Jason M. Garrison in Springfield.
- December 16, 1997 – Brayan P. Fuentes and Juanita L. Rodriguez are fatally shot by Rodriguez's ex-husband, 26-year-old Adolfo Erick Rodriguez, as they sit in a parked Nissan near Dartmouth and Radcliffe Drives in the Beacon Hill area of Alexandria. Juanita, who was shot three times, dies of her injuries on December 22.
- December 16, 2005 – 27-year-old Alirio Reyes is sentenced to life in prison by Federal judge T. S. Ellis, III for murdering 17-year-old Jose Sandoval on May 16, 2004.
- December 16, 2010 – Alfredo R. Prieto is given two death sentences by Judge Randy I. Bellows for the 1988 murders of Rachael Raver and Warren Fulton in Reston.