This Day In Fractured Fairfax:May 16
- May 16, 1996 – 84-year-old Iona B. Lazar is stabbed to death in his shared apartment in Alexandria.
- May 16, 2004 – 17-year-old Herndon High School student Jose Sandoval is shot and killed in Herndon by Alirio Reyes, a 26-year-old member of the MS-13 youth organization.
- May 16, 2008 – Judge Stanley P. Klein sentences 23-year-old Ahmed I. Osman to 73 years in prison for the robbery and murder of 46-year-old cab driver Parvez Ahmed in Falls Church on June 11, 2006.
- May 16, 2012 – 47-year-old Morgan D. Monroe, Jr. is shot to death in the Mount Vernon area of Alexandria.
- May 16, 2014 – Kyle Alifom is sentenced to six years and eight months in prison by U.S. District Judge Claude M. Hilton for his role in the August 2013 overdose death of Emylee A. Lonczak in Vienna.
- May 16, 2016 – 18-year-old Erika Dunn is struck by a train and mortally injured as she and two friends walk along the railroad tracks in Burke. Dunn is taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where she dies.
This Day In Fractured Fairfax