Events that took place in Fairfax County in 1994:
- February 10 – A Fairfax Circuit Court jury takes less than two hours to convict 37-year-old Jeannette G. Harper for murdering 71-year-old Ada G. Sanderson in Sanderson's Falls Church home on July 8, 1993.
- February 19 – 56-year-old Ho Y. You kills himself after his name is discovered on a loan arranged by Kum Ja Ridler as part of a fraudulent loan scheme.
- February 19 – 19-year-old Leon Marshall, Jr. unintentionally kills himself when he loses control of the 1984 Buick sedan he is driving and runs off the Fairfax County Parkway near the ramp to Interstate 66 in Fairfax. The Buick spins off the road and rolls down an embankment, killing Marshall, who was not wearing his seat belt.
- May 7 – 55-year-old Marvin B. Greenwell is stabbed to death in his Huntington apartment by Leslie E. Carver as part of a robbery.
- May 10 – 21-year-old Elizabeth C. Delk is mortally injured in Lorton when she runs her pickup truck off the curve on Gunston Road Way near Delphinium Trail, rolling the truck and striking a stone pillar. Delk is taken to the Fairfax Hospital, where she dies the next day.
- May 21 – 3-year-old Fateen Talib II drowns in Tompkins Basin at Fort Belvoir.
- June 3 – 40-year-old James D. Justice, Sr. is fatally stabbed by 25-year-old Silvan N. Bongi to settle an argument at the Annandale campus of Northern Virginia Community College.
- July 8 – 19-year-old Kamal S. Muwwakkil is sentenced to two life terms plus two years in prison by Judge Jack B. Stevens for the shotgun murder of Dale H. Fredericks during an attempted carjacking in the Penn Daw neighborhood of Alexandria on June 11, 1993.
- August 19 – 22-year-old Tracy L. Charron stabs her 52-year-old mother Linda to death and attacks her 55-year-old stepfather William Charron in her parent's bedroom at the family townhouse at 2849 Sutton Oaks Lane in Vienna. Tracy flees the scene in her white Ford Explorer with her Shetland sheepdog puppy and is arrested in Pennsylvania about five hours later after she wrecks the car.
- October 12 – 23-year-old Joseph A. Robles, a retail distributor of recreational agricultural products and pharmaceuticals, is shot and mortally wounded by Lamore S. Rowe during a botched robbery at his house at 7208 Neuman Street in Springfield. Robles lives for six weeks before dying of complications from his injuries on November 25.
- November 17 – 25-year-old John F. Baumgardner is shot to death in the parking lot of the Fair Oaks Mall by 28-year-old Louis W. Raia. Raia was the dupe of 18-year-old Sheron Montrey, a pathological liar who had woven a tale of rape and abuse at the hands of someone nicknamed "Tony", and who may have not even known Baumgardner when she lured him out of the Benningan's restaurant in the mall.
- November 20 – 36-year-old Robin W. Lawrence is found stabbed to death in her home at 8646 Reseca Lane in Springfield. It is estimated she had been dead for about three days when she was found.
- November 29 – 19-year-old Barbara E. White is tortured and murdered in her Alexandria apartment by independent recreational pharmaceutical salesman Thomas M. Hager, along with Arlington Johnson and Lonnie Barnett.
- December 14 – 18-year-old Jeffrey L. Harrison drunkenly kills 18-year-old Harvey R. Williams, Jr. when he crashes the 1988 Ford Escort he is driving into the driver's side of Williams' 1984 Datsun 300ZX on Magarity Road in the Pimmit Hills area of Falls Church.
- December 20 – 42-year-old passenger Teressa M. Beene is killed when 34-year-old William Watson turns his car into the path of a pickup truck driven by 38-year-old Anthony Mas on Baron Cameron Avenue at Reston Parkway in Reston.
- December 20 – Charles Lewis Shank, II is arrested in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and charged with the August 31, 1990 murder of Paul S. Harley in Lorton..
- December 23 – 23-year-old Scott L. Moore unintentionally kills himself on Chain Bridge Road in McLean when he strikes a Toyota Camry driven by 41-year-old Selamawite T. Habte and is thrown 120 feet from the Honda motorcycle he is riding into the path of an oncoming minivan driven by 49-year-old Charles Shoup.
- December 31 – Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Thomas M. Davis, III resigns.
17 murders or other homicides took place in Fairfax County in 1994.
66 people were killed in 64 fatal traffic crashes in Fairfax County in 1994. 17 of those crashes involved alcohol.
- "Fairfax Woman found Dead at Home." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): D6. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994). Jan 10 1994. Web. 9 Jan. 2012.
- Seaberry, Jane. "Woman's Insanity Defense Rejected in 2nd Slaying." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 11 Feb. 1994. Web. 07 July 2016.
- Miller, Bill. "Va. Man Says He Arranged Illegal Loans; FBI Case Involves More than $700,000, Bribes, Two Suicides." The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext): b.03. National Newspapers Core. Mar 15 1994. Web. 24 Oct. 2011.
- "Single-car accident kills Fairfax teen." The Washington Times, 21 Feb. 1994, 2, C METROPOLITAN TIMES VIRGINIA NEWS BRIEFLY RESTON, p. C10. NewsBank. Accessed 9 Feb. 2018.
- "Around the Region:Fairfax Slaying Probed." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): C5. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1995). Apr 02 1994. Web. 14 Feb. 2012.
- "Man Pleads Guilty to '94 Killing; Suspect Identified when Cold Case Squad Submitted DNA." The Washington Post: B.2. National Newspapers Core. Jul 13 2006. Web. 24 Oct. 2011.
- "Around the Region: Va. Woman Dies of Crash Injuries" The Washington Post (1974-Current file): G7. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994). May 14 1994. Web. 7 May 2014.
- Goodstein, Laurie. "Boy, 3, Drowns After Fall during Family Outing." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): D1. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1995). May 23 1994. Web. 16 Feb. 2012.
- "Man Fatally Stabbed in Fairfax." The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext): b05. Jun 05 1994. ProQuest. Web. 28 July 2016 .
- Davis, Patricia. "Jury Spares Killer of Marine Musician." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 9 July 1994. Web. 04 July 2016.
- Davis, Patricia. "Va. Woman Allegedly Killed Mother, then Fled with Dog." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 2. Aug 20 1994. ProQuest. Web. 16 Aug. 2014.
- Fountain, John W. "Va. Woman Who Killed Mother Gets Life; Defendant, 24, Apologizes to Family, Seeks Judge's Mercy for Attack." The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext): 0. Apr 18 1995. ProQuest. Web. 16 Aug. 2014.
- "History of Tysons Woods." Tysons Woods Civic Association. Tysons Woods Civic Association, n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2014.
- Jackman, Tom. "Suspect in '94 Slaying Still at Large; Police Think Man is in D.C. Vicinity." The Washington Post: 0. Nov 19 1998. ProQuest. Web. 12 Sep. 2014 .
- Jackman, Tom. "Plea Closes Retrial in Springfield Killing." The Washington Post: 0. Dec 08 1999. ProQuest. Web. 12 Sep. 2014.
- Glod, Maria. "Police make Arrest in 1994 Slaying; Tip Leads Task Force to Suspect in Springfield Robbery that Ended in Death." The Washington Post: 0. Jun 01 2001. ProQuest. Web. 12 Sep. 2014.
- Pricer, Andrea. "Man Arrested for 1994 Killing."FairfaxTimes.com. Post-Newsweek Media, Inc./FairfaxTimes.com, 6 June 2001. Web. 12 Sept. 2014.
- Fountain John W. "Accused Triggerman in Deadly Love Triangle Goes on Trial in Va." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 2. Mar 22 1995. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1996). Web. 17 Nov. 2012.
- Fountain, John W. "Dead Wrong." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 3. Mar 24 1996. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1996). Web. 17 Nov. 2012.
- Davis, Patricia, and Marylou Tousignant. "West Springfield Death is Ruled a Homicide." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 1. Nov 22 1994. ProQuest. Web. 4 Aug. 2014.
- McCabe, Scott. "Springfield Mother Stabbed before Thanksgiving." Washington Examiner. Washington Examiner, 17 May 2010. Web. 04 Aug. 2014.
- "Va. Woman found Dead in Apartment." The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext): 0. Dec 01 1993. ProQuest. Web. 9 June 2014.
- Markon, Jerry. "Alexandria Jury Sentences Man To Death For Brutal 1993 Murder." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 02 Nov. 2007. Web. 09 June 2014.
- "Friends Crash, Man Dies." The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext): c06. Dec 16 1994. ProQuest. Web. 16 Dec. 2017.
- Coia, David Alan. "Fairfax man killed in car crash - Survivor, 18, charged with drunken driving." The Washington Times, 16 Dec. 1994, 2, C - METROPOLITAN TIMES - VIRGINIA NEWS, p. C10. NewsBank. Accessed 16 Dec. 2017.
- "Asburn woman dies in car-truck crash." The Washington Times, 2 ed., sec. C METROPOLITAN TIMESVIRGINIA NEWSBRIEFLYRESTON, 22 Dec. 1994, p. C7. NewsBank: Access World News – Historical and Current, . Accessed 18 Jan. 2020.
- "Man Arrested in Fatal Shooting in Va." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): B9. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994). Dec 21 1994. Web. 1 Oct. 2011.
- Keary, Jim. "Woman, 2 men killed on highways - 2 other persons are hospitalized." The Washington Times, 2 ed., sec. A METROPOLITAN TIMES, 25 Dec. 1994, p. A9. NewsBank: Access World News – Historical and Current, . Accessed 18 Jan. 2020.
- "McLean Motorcyclist Killed: [FINAL Edition."] The Washington Post (pre-1997 Fulltext), Dec 25 1994, p. b05. ProQuest. Web. 18 Jan. 2020.
- Heffron, Bill. Fairfax County Index Crimes By Type, 1993-1997. Rep. Fairfax County Police Department, 20 May 1998. Web. 15 Oct. 2011.
|Fairfax County by Year|