This Day In Fractured Fairfax:December 5
- December 5, 1950 – The Board of Supervisors creates the Fairfax County Park Authority.
- December 5, 1978 – 38-year-old Betty M. Holler pleads guilty to a charge of being an accessory before the fact in the contract murder of George H. Scarborough on January 31.
- December 5, 1996 – The Fairfax County Police Department opens a satellite station in the Edsall Garden Apartments at 6413 Edsall Road, #101.
- December 5, 2003 – Charles W. Helem is sentenced to life in prison by Judge Stanley P. Klein for the April, 2002 murder of Patricia A. Bentley.
- December 5, 2011 – Following a minor traffic accident, 59-year-old Kil Sun Flom is hit by a pumper truck and killed in Tysons Corner.