This Day In Fractured Fairfax:December 6
- December 6, 1977 – Gulf-Reston President James W. Todd offers a 150-acre site in Reston as a possible location for the relocated County Government Center.
- December 6, 1988 – Dorothy A. Peterson is murdered in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven in Alexandria by Eugene Turley over a $75 debt for cocaine.
- December 6, 1995 – Ilryong Moon is sentenced to three days in jail by Judge Daniel F. O'Flaherty in Alexandria General District Court for illegally voting in the City of Alexandria.
- December 6, 1996 – The Fairfax County Police Department opens a satellite station in the Springfield Mall.
- December 6, 1999 – 29-year-old Michael D. Waits pleads guilty to second degree murder for killing David W. Rider on October 16, 1998.
- December 6, 2004 – 14-year-old Rody J. Phillips stabs and mortally wounds 60-year-old clerk Sun Ku Kwon at the 7-Eleven at 5638 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy in Alexandria. Kwon is airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies.