- July 16 – 25-year-old Mohammed Moshin Najim is fatally shot by 53-year-old Thomas R. Lienau outside Lineau's home at 8163 Curving Creek Court in Springfield. Najim is taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies.
- July 21 – 19-year-old Brooke L. Lancaster commits suicide by jumping off a parking garage on Dulles Station Boulevard in Herndon.
- July 27 – Governor Terry McAuliffe appoints Circuit Court judge Jane Marum Roush to the bench of the Virginia Supreme Court.
- July 31 – Fairfax County Police officer Adam D. Torres is fired.
- July 31 – 33-year-old Eric J. LaRocque is shot to death in a bedroom of his home at 1822 Midlothian Court in Vienna.
- FCPD Public Affairs Bureau. "UPDATE: Springfield Man Charged with Second Degree Murder." Fairfax County Police Department News. Fairfax County Police Department, 24 July 2015. Web. 07 Jan. 2017.
- FCPD Public Affairs Bureau. "Police Identify Deceased Woman from Herndon Area." Fairfax County Police Department News. Fairfax County Police Department, 22 July 2015. Web. 07 Jan. 2017. <https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/police-identify-deceased-woman-from-herndon-area/>.
- Zauzmer, Julie. "Woman Found Dead near Parking Garage Identified." The Washington Post. WP Company, 22 July 2015. Web. 07 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "Fairfax Judge Jane Marum Roush Named to Virginia Supreme Court." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 27 July 2015. Web. 04 Mar. 2016.
- Jackman, Tom. "Fairfax Police Officer Adam Torres, Who Killed John Geer in 2013, Is Fired." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 7 Aug. 2015. Web. 01 Mar. 2016.
- Jouvenal, Justin, and Matt Zapotosky. "Vienna Engineer's Death Investigated as Homicide." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 4 Aug. 2015. Web. 17 Feb. 2016.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2015|
|June 2015||·||July||·||August 2015|