- July 5 – 15-year-old Jose Rodriguez, a member of the MS-13 youth organization, is sentenced to 23 years in prison by Judge Henry E. Hudson for the murder of Mario Rubio-Martinez on July 30, 2000, in the Culmore Shopping Center in Falls Church.
- July 13 – Edwin J. Jones is sentenced to 20 years in prison by Judge Jonathan C. Thacher for murdering his girlfriend, 21-year-old Jemmy E. Valladares Rivas, at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Fairfax on September 16, 2000 and subsequently stealing her car.
- July 20 – 35-year-old Jose L. Lino pleads guilty to second-degree murder for shooting Martin Mendoza-Argueta outside a party in the Seven Corners area of Falls Church in September 1991.
- Glod, Maria. "Fairfax Gang Member Gets 23 Years in Death; Teenager Stabbed Stranger to Impress Others, Officials Say." The Washington Post: 0. Jul 06 2001. ProQuest. Web. 17 May 2014.
- Jackman, Tom. "N.Y. Man Sentenced in Girlfriends Slaying; 21-Year-Old Admits Choking Va. Woman during Argument at Hotel." The Washington Post: B.07. National Newspapers Core. Jul 14 2001. Web. 22 June 2012.
- "CRIME & JUSTICE." The Washington Post: B02. Jul 21 2001. ProQuest. Web. 5 Aug. 2016.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2001|
|June 2001||·||July||·||August 2001|