- November 5 – Off-duty Fairfax County deputy sheriff Samuel S. Gonsalves fatally shoots 36-year-old Juan Pablo Ramos when Ramos gets in his car and tries to stab him with a screwdriver as he waits at a traffic signal to exit the Springfield Square apartment complex in Springfield.
- November 9 – 19-year-old Charlene C. Taylor pleads guilty to murder for the starvation death of her infant son Trevon in Falls Church on January 4.
- November 14 – 45-year-old Ali B. Boushehri stabs his 66-year-old mother Batool to death in her bed at her townhouse at 5213 Cannes Court in Franconia.
- November 20 – Fairfax County Sheriff Carl R. Peed fires Deputy Robert Cutts for violating department rules against making public statements.
- November 25 – The third time's the charm for Fairfax County prosecutors, who finally manage to secure a murder conviction for Troy A. Demar for stabbing his 23-year-old girlfriend Christine Allen in Alexandria on February 28.
- Mooar, Brian, and Allan Lengel. "Off-Duty Deputy Fatally Shoots Man in Fairfax; Police Say Victim Accosted Sheriff's Officer in His Car." The Washington Post: B07. Nov 06 1998. ProQuest. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.
- "Man Shot by Off-Duty Deputy Identified." The Washington Post: B04. Nov 07 1998. ProQuest. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.
- "Crime & Justice: Mother Pleads Guilty to Killing Infant." The Washington Post: D04. Nov 10 1998. ProQuest. Web. 26 July 2016 .
- Pae, Peter. "Franconia Man Charged in Mother's Slaying." The Washington Post. WP Company, 15 Nov. 1998. Web. 29 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "Insanity Plea Accepted in Slaying." The Washington Post. WP Company, 21 Apr. 1999. Web. 29 Jan. 2017.
- Benning, Victoria. "Fairfax Sheriff Ordered to Reinstate 2 Deputies." The Washington Post: B.07. National Newspapers Core. Jul 09 1999. Web. 12 Mar. 2012.
- "Crime and Justice: Conviction in Stabbing Death." The Washington Post: D16. Nov 26 1998. ProQuest. Web. 27 July 2016.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1998|
|October 1998||·||November||·||December 1998|