This Day In Fractured Fairfax:January 10
- January 10, 1957 – 8-year-old Kenneth Gunter is killed in Huntington when he is hit by a bus from the private Congressional School.
- January 10, 1964 – Following a quarrel earlier in the day, 27-year-old truck driver Charles R. Johnson is shot to death by his ex-girlfriend, 21-year-old Irma A. Clifton, when he answers the door to his shared apartment in Alexandria.
- January 10, 1968 – While searching for the body of 2½-year-old Allegra Shuldiner in Lake Anne in Reston, 30-year-old Fairfax County firefighter Earl W. Kane is separated from his dive buddy and suffers a fatal attack of hemorrhagic tracheal bronchitis, essentially drowning in his own blood.
- January 10, 1969 – Pendleton R. Wilson is sentenced to three years in prison by Judge Percy H. Thornton for the fatal shooting of 31-year-old construction worker James F. Clark in Springfield on July 26, 1968.
- January 10, 1981 – The frozen corpse of 19-year-old John Shepard is found in a sleeping bag in some woods near Lake Anne in Reston.
- January 10, 1984 – 29-year-old clerk Penelope A. Carlson is fatally beaten during a robbery at the 7-Eleven store where she worked at 2405 Fairhaven Avenue in Alexandria.
- January 10, 1985 – Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors John F. Herrity suffers his third heart attack.
This Day In Fractured Fairfax