- November 10 – 18-year-old dropout James Q. Stevens enters Lake Braddock Secondary School with a rifle and takes Principal John W. Alwood and several others hostage in a standoff that lasts 21 hours before Stevens finally surrenders.
- November 20 – Whacked out of his mind from reading the Bible and smoking PCP, 22-year-old Thomas S. Jenkins walks into his nephew's room at the house at 7814 Thor Avenue in Annandale and throws 3½-month-old Jonathan O. Dyer into a ceiling light fixture, fatally fracturing the baby's skull. By way of explanation, Jenkins tells Jonathan's parents, Diane and Bruce Dyer, "I killed the devil."
- Moore, Molly, and Patricia E. Bauer. "Hostages Held in Va. High School." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 2. Nov 11 1982.ProQuest. Web. 5 Oct. 2016.
- "Man Holding 9 Hostages at High School Gives Up." New York Times (1923-Current file): 1. Nov 12 1982. ProQuest. Web. 5 Oct. 2016.
- "Man Held in Infant's Death." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 1. Nov 21 1982. ProQuest. Web. 28 July 2016 .
- Moore, Molly. "Va. Fisherman Sentenced to 20 Years for Drug-Related Slaying of Infant." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 1. Jul 02 1983. ProQuest. Web. 28 July 2016.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1982|
|October 1982||·||November||·||December 1982|