- March 2 – 26-year-old Georgia J. Gonzalez is stabbed to death by her 46-year-old boyfriend, Alberto Bustillo, in their apartment in Alexandria.
- March 3 – 21-year-old Kennell Alexander is sentenced to 25 years in prison by Judge David T. Stitt for the February 13, 1999 murder of Alvin May in Reston.
- March 6 – While walking home from work, 19-year-old Israel Kear is shot to death by Troy Giles during an early-morning robbery in Alexandria.
- March 8 – Following an argument with her brother, 15-year-old Naeun Yoon is struck and killed by a 1994 Mercedes driven by 29-year-old lawyer Jane L. Wagner as she walks along Route 7 in Great Falls. Yoon is taken to the Columbia Reston Hospital, where she is pronounced dead.
- March 18 – 62-year-old John W. Bannister is beaten and strangled to death in his apartment at 8512½ Richmond Highway in the Mount Vernon area of Alexandria by Stephen M. Lineham and Paul R. Pisacane.
- March 27 – The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors votes unanimously to buy Pine Ridge Park from the Fairfax County Public Schools system. The BoS had previously agreed to swap a 9-acre site near the Fairfax County Government Center for the property, but upon discovering a restrictive covenant in the title for that land, instead decided to propose buying the park outright.
- "Man Charged in Fatal Stabbing." The Washington Post: 0. Mar 05 2000. ProQuest. Web. 8 June 2014.
- Jackman, Tom. "25 Years, no Parole in Slaying, Wounding." The Washington Post: 0. Mar 04 2000. ProQuest. Web. 6 June 2014.
- "CRIME & JUSTICE: Man, 19, Dies of Gunshot Wound " The Washington Post: 0. Mar 07 2000. ProQuest. Web. 21 Aug. 2014.
- "CRIME & JUSTICE: Man Guilty of Killing Liberian Immigrant." The Washington Post: 0. Jul 20 2000. ProQuest. Web. 21 Aug. 2014.
- Pae, Peter. "Sibling Spat Puts Girl in Path of Fatal Hit-and-Run." The Washington Post: 0. Mar 10 2000. ProQuest. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
- Jackman, Tom. "Lawyer Charged in Girl's Road Death; Woman Says She Thought Car Hit a Deer." The Washington Post: 0. Mar 11 2000. ProQuest. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
- "Fairfax Man Apparently Beaten to Death; Body found in Mount Vernon Area Near Site of January Killing." The Washington Post: B.07. National Newspapers Core. Mar 21 2000. Web. 22 June 2012.
- Jackman, Tom. "15-Year-Old Pleads Guilty in Slaying." The Washington Post: B.05. National Newspapers Core. Jul 12 2000. Web. 22 June 2012.
- Shear, Michael D. "Fairfax Board Votes to Save Popular Park; County Education Officials had Considered Building High School on 42-Acre Site." The Washington Post: 0. Mar 28 2000. ProQuest. Web. 7 May 2014.
- Benning, Victoria, and Michael D. Shear. "Fairfax Schools Rebuff County on Parkland; Parties had Agreed to Swap Sites, then Supervisors' Offer was Changed." The Washington Post: 0. Apr 01 2000. ProQuest. Web. 7 May 2014.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2000|
|February 2000||·||March||·||April 2000|