- June 1 – 23-year-old Thomas S. Jenkins pleads guilty to second-degree murder for killing his 3½-month-old nephew Jonathan O. Dyer by throwing the baby into a ceiling light fixture while high on PCP at the Dyer family home in Annandale on November 20, 1982.
- June 13 – 28-year-old Keith Hunter is ambushed and fatally stabbed by several other prisoners in a television room in Cell block No. 6 at the Lorton Reformatory.
- June 23 – 16-year-old Peter K. Dickinson is killed by an Amtrak train which strikes him on the Accotink Creek Railroad Bridge in Springfield.
- Moore, Molly. "Uncle Pleads Guilty in Death of Infant." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): 1. Jun 02 1983. ProQuest. Web. 28 July 2016 .
- "9 Lorton Inmates Indicted in Fatal Stabbing of 10th." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 9 Nov. 1983. Web. 05 Nov. 2016.
- "Amtrak Train Strikes and Kills Fairfax Youth." The Washington Post (1974-Current file): B15. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994). Jun 24 1983. Web. 4 Feb. 2012.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1983|
|May 1983||·||June||·||July 1983|