- January 5 – Jayant Kadian is sentenced to 20 years in prison by Circuit Court Judge Kathleen H. MacKay for the murder of his mother, Kiran V. Kadian, in Great Falls in March 2005.
- January 9 – 56-year-old Martha Majors, who was being held for the murder of her niece, 22-year-old Laquetta S. Sanders, dies in her cell at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
- January 9 – 26-year-old Martin Klapproth commits suicide by jumping from the third floor of the Johnson Center on the campus of George Mason University in Fairfax.
- January 12 – 34-year-old Jose Adan Rivera-Chicas is killed by a 1992 Ford F350 truck as he attempts to cross Columbia Pike in Bailey's Crossroads.
- January 14 – 21-year-old Juan Antonio Melendez unintentionally kills himself when he loses control of the 1996 Ford Explorer he is driving and hits a tree in Springfield.
- January 14 – 49-year-old Phyllis Lowery lies down in the path of a Fairfax County Connector bus on Richmond Highway in Alexandria and is run over and killed.
- January 17 – 42-year-old Matthew M. Dowdy is convicted for the September 2005 rape and murder of Judy J. Coate in Falls Church.
- "20-Year Term in Mother's Killing; Hatred of Parents, Not Mental Illness, to Blame, Prosecutor Says." The Washington Post: B.10. National Newspapers Core. Jan 06 2007. Web. 26 Oct. 2011.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office. Woman Stabbed to Death in Her Home:UPDATE – DEATH. Fairfax County Police Department News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 10 Jan. 2007. Web. 17 Jan. 2012.
- "Student Falls to His Death at GMU." WTOP.com. WTOP, 10 Jan. 2007. Web. 03 Nov. 2014.
- "Metro Briefs: Man Who Fell at GMU Committed Suicide." Washington Times. The Washington Times, 10 Jan. 2007. Web. 03 Nov. 2014.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office. Fairfax County Police Department Activity Report: January 19, 2007. Fairfax County Police Department News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 19 Jan. 2007. Web. 14 Jan. 2012.
- Jackman, Tom. "2002 Sniper 'Witness' Convicted of Rape, Murder." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 18 Jan. 2007. Web. 13 May 2014.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2007|
|December 2006||·||January||·||February 2007|