- February 11 – The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors adopts a green building policy, requiring that all newly-constructed and renovated county buildings achieve at least Silver-level LEED certification.
- February 12 – 33-year-old Ashley McIntosh is mortally injured in Hybla Valley when her 2003 Toyota Corolla is broadsided by Fairfax County Police Officer Amanda R. Perry, who is responding to a report of a fight. In violation of department policy, Officer Perry was not using her cruiser's siren en route to the call.
- February 14 – The AMC Springfield Mall 10 movie theaters close.
- Fairfax County. Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs. Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Adopts Green Building Policy. Fairfax County News Releases. Fairfax County, 11 Feb. 2008. Web. 2 June 2014.
- Jackman, Tom. "Fairfax Victim's Family Waits for Answers; Woman Died in Crash with Police Car." The Washington Post: B.1. National Newspapers Core. Mar 26 2008. Web. 12 Feb. 2012.
- Jackman, Tom. "Judge Rejects Immunity for Former Officer in Fatal Car Crash." The Washington Post: B.8. National Newspapers Core. Aug 13 2009. Web. 12 Feb. 2012.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2008|
|January 2008||·||February||·||March 2008|