- February 3 – The Northern Virginia Relic Hunters Association holds its first meeting in Centreville.
- February 14 – Fairfax County Attorney Donald C. Stevens announces his resignation, effective March 31, to become a partner in the law firm of Hazel, Beckhorn and Hanes.
- February 22 – Attorney Lewis H. Goldfarb files a $1.2 million dollar class action lawsuit against the Virginia State Bar and the Fairfax Bar Association, as well as the local bar associations for Arlington and Alexandria, alleging that the associations violate antitrust laws by fixing the fees member attorneys charge for various services.
- "County Attorney Quits to Join Fairfax Firm." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Feb 15 1972. ProQuest. Web. 1 Feb. 2018.
- Kessler, Ronald. "Settlement Suit Names Bar Units." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973), Feb 23 1972, p. 2. ProQuest. Web. 21 Aug. 2018.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1972|
|January 1972||·||February||·||March 1972|