- February 2 – Off-duty Fairfax County Police Corporal Carroll D. Buracker mortally injures 72-year-old Daniel Gonzales as Buracker drives on route 50 in the Seven Corners area of Falls Church. Gonzales, who was visiting his daughter in the area, stepped from a median and in front of Buracker's personal vehicle. Gonzales was taken to Fairfax Hospital, where he died about 2½ hours later.
- February 4 – 61-year-old John H. Lightfoot and his 54-year-old wife Helen are killed by carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty gas heater in their home at 811 Leigh Mill Road in Great Falls. The couple's corpses are discovered the next morning when a friend stops by to give Helen a ride to work.
- February 8 – The sewage treatment plant in the City of Fairfax is closed and its output redirected to the County's Pohick Treatment Plant.
- February 10 – 17-year-old Fort Hunt High School junior Charles D. Fanning challenges a group of other youths to a game of Russian roulette, then fatally shoots himself in the mouth with his father's .32 caliber revolver at his home at 7916 New Market Road in Alexandria.
- February 11 – The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors adopts an ordinance requiring all utility distribution lines, such as electrical and telephone cables, serving new residential and commercial developments must be installed underground.
- February 19 – Frederick C. Wininger is found guilty of first-degree murder by Judge Albert V. Bryan, Jr. in Fairfax Circuit Court for the June, 1969 shooting of George C. Crown during a robbery.
- "Car Kills Visitor on Route 50." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Feb 04 1970. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1995). Web. 1 Oct. 2012
- "Man and Wife Found Dead In Great Falls"Evening Star, 5 Feb. 1970, Three Star NIGHT FINAL, p. 17. NewsBank. Accessed 15 Sep. 2017.
- "McLean Couple Dies; Heater Suspected." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Feb 06 1970. ProQuest. Web. 15 Sep. 2017.
- Bredemeier, Kenneth. "Fairfax Lake Held Still Too Polluted." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Jun 19 1971. ProQuest. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
- "'Russian Roulette' Kills Fairfax County Youth, 17." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Feb 12 1970. ProQuest. Web. 2 Aug. 2014.
- Pettey, Gordon. "Buried Utility Lines Decreed in Fairfax." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): 1. Feb 12 1970. ProQuest. Web. 21 Dec. 2017.
- Bredemeier, Kenneth. "Man Guilty in Slaying of AID Official." The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973): B7. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994). Feb 20 1970. Web. 3 Feb. 2012.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1970|
|January 1970||·||February||·||March 1970|