- August 4 – 24-year-old Jamel D. Rush stabs 30-year-old Christian A. Green to death near Green's home on Hagel Circle in Lorton when Green intervenes in an argument between Rush and a young woman.
- August 15 – The burned body of Hak Bong Kim, a 55-year-old carpenter from Burke, is found in a wooded area near the Saint Michael Catholic Church in Annandale.
- August 25 – 20-year-old Brendan Klos fatally shoots his frenemy, 20-year-old Anthony Sherbaf, in the face with a .22 caliber pistol in the home at 6107 Beech Tree Drive in the Wilton Woods neighborhood of Alexandria.
- August 29 – 46-year-old Dana E. Moro beats 45-year-old Alexandria attorney Eric N. Miller to death at the Alexandria Motel.
- Jackman, Tom. "Lorton Man Stabbed to Death while Trying to Break Up Fight." The Washington Post: B.02. National Newspapers Core. Aug 06 2005. Web. 26 Oct. 2011.
- Jackman, Tom. "Va. Day Laborer Held in Slaying of Contractor." The Washington Post: B.01. National Newspapers Core. Aug 31 2005. Web. 26 Oct. 2011.
- "CRIME & JUSTICE: Fairfax Slaying." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 27 Aug. 2005. Web. 23 Aug. 2014.
- "Tragedy Among Friends." Connection Newspapers. Connection Newspapers, 17 Apr. 2007. Web. 23 Aug. 2014.
- "Man, 46, Charged in Va. Lawyer's Slaying; Suspect Killed Miller in Motel Days before Body was found in Burning Car, Police Say." The Washington Post: B.03. National Newspapers Core. Sep 09 2005. Web. 26 Oct. 2011.
- Jackman, Tom. "Va. Man Convicted of Killing Lawyer." The Washington Post: 0. Jul 20 2006. ProQuest. Web. 21 June 2014.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2005|
|July 2005||·||August||·||September 2005|