This Day In Fractured Fairfax:March 28
- March 28, 1965 – 35-year-old Solomon L. Hicks settles a drunken argument about civil rights at his Dunn Loring home with 39-year-old Romine Williams by fatally shooting Williams.
- March 28, 1977 – After a number of attempts, Centreville District Supervisor Martha Pennino finally persuades the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to endorse opening the Dulles Airport Access Road to commuter traffic.
- March 28, 1993 – The 36-inch Colonial Pipeline buried near the parking lot of the Reston Hospital Center ruptures, sending a 100-foot geyser of diesel oil spraying into the air in Reston, eventually spilling over 400,000 gallons of the fuel and polluting the nearby Sugarland Run.
- March 28, 1994 – 63-year-old Joann L. Roche is stabbed to death in her home in Fairfax.
- March 28, 2007 – 53-year-old Phuoc Huu Le is killed in Falls Church when a branch of the oak tree he was trimming snaps back and strikes him.