This Day In Fractured Fairfax:March 1
- March 1, 1930 – The only barber shop in the town of Fairfax is closed when the owner, J. Razzo, is arrested by Sheriff Eppa P. Kirby and Prohibition Inspector Virgil Williams, who find 32 pints of liquor in Razzo's shop.
- March 1, 1930 – Howard Sims is shot and mortally wounded at the home of Ida Jones in the Cookstown area of Herndon by 25-year-old Boston Williams. Sims is taken to the house of local physician Dr. William Myers, but dies shortly thereafter.
- March 1, 1950 – A large brush fire burns a five-square-mile area of the Alexandria region of Fairfax County, requiring seven hours and the efforts of 300 men to finally bring it under control.
- March 1, 1967 – Robert F. Horan officially takes over as Commonwealth's Attorney for Fairfax County from Ralph G. Louk.
- March 1, 1967 – 43-year-old Doris Mishou is strangled to death by 27-year-old Michael R. Beam in a room at the Spring Hill Motor Lodge at 5666 Columbia Pike in Falls Church.
This Day In Fractured Fairfax