- October 2 – 35-year-old Su Quoc Vo is beaten and stabbed to death in his home at 3274 Annandale Road in Falls Church by Anh Tuan Nguyen.
- October 2 – 50-year-old Jose Maria Carranza Claros is struck and killed at the intersection of Arlington Boulevard and Annandale Road in Falls Church by an off-duty Fairfax County Police officer.
- October 6 – Judge Stanley P. Klein sentences 32-year-old Pablo A. Cruz to 10 years in prison for killing 18-year-old Jonathan T. Bentley in a drunk driving crash in Falls Church on November 24, 2005.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office.Fairfax County Police Department Activity Report. Fairfax County Police News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 6 Oct. 2006. Web. 5 Nov. 2011.
- Jackman, Tom. "VIRGINIA BRIEFING: Fairfax County." The Washington Post: 0. Oct 05 2006. ProQuest. Web. 30 Sep. 2014 .
- Jackman, Tom. "Man Sentenced to 10 Years in Drunken Driving Crash." Washington Post: Post Now. The Washington Post, 07 Oct. 2006. Web. 17 Sept. 2014.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2006|
|September 2006||·||October||·||November 2006|