Mohammad A. Ahmad
Mohammad Aukif Ahmad (b. May 25, 1982) is a child murderer.
On September 12, 2006, the 24-year-old Ahmad beat 21-month old Myles Simon to death in his rented basement apartment in the townhouse at 6423 Silver Ridge Circle in the Kingstowne section of Alexandria while his wife Jillian, who was the child's daycare provider, was on a shopping excursion for narcotics.
Ahmad got pissed off at Jillian and took it out on Myles, punching or stomping the child so hard it tore his liver, then either kicking him in the head or slamming him into the wall, which fractured Myles' skull and killed him.
Knowing exactly how much trouble he was in, Ahmad did a runner, fleeing before the paramedics and cops arrived. He was arrested at the Westway Motor Inn, two miles from LaGuardia International Airport in New York on September 15.
Jillian disappeared on March 21, 2007 after Mohammad's sister Adeela A. Khan paid her to vanish, forcing Mohammad's trial to be rescheduled to April 30, but she resurfaced a few days later. The night before Ahmad's rescheduled trial date, Jillian was busted with $1200 and a small amount of reefer.
However, Jillian didn't bother to tell about her pot bust at Ahmad's trial, and his new lawyers, Peter D. Greenspun and Jonathan Shapiro, were able to get him a second trial.
While he was awaiting his second trial, Jillian, now Jillian A. Wood, told Ahmad that she'd give favorable testimony if he paid her $6000.
Jillian's actions thoroughly queered her credibility as a potential witness, and Ahmad was able to cop a plea. On April 27, 2009, Ahmad was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Mohammad Aukif Ahmad is currently a prisoner at the maximum security Sussex I State Prison, and is scheduled to be released on January 6, 2025.
- "Baby-Sitter's Husband Convicted of Murder." Connection Newspapers. Connection Newspapers, 9 May 2007. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "Va. Woman Gets 3 Years for Lies in Day-care Murder Case." The Washington Post. WP Company, 10 Jan. 2010. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Stockwell, Jamie. "Child Killed At Day Care; Man Sought." The Washington Post. WP Company, 14 Sept. 2006. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- "Murder Suspect Captured." Connection Newspapers. Connection Newspapers, 20 Sept. 2006. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Robinson, Chris. "Missing Darnestown Woman Returns Home." Gazette.net. Post Community Media LLC, 28 Mar. 2007. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "Path to Justice for a Dead Toddler Strewn With Legal Roadblocks." The Washington Post. WP Company, 06 Nov. 2008. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "VIRGINIA BRIEFING: Fairfax County." The Washington PostMay 04 2007. ProQuest. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- "Maximum Sentence Imposed." Connection Newspapers. Connection Newspapers, 22 Aug. 2007. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "New Trial Is Granted In Toddler's Slaying." The Washington Post. WP Company, 29 July 2008. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.
- Jackman, Tom. "Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Baby's Beating Death." The Washington Post. WP Company, 28 Apr. 2009. Web. 30 Jan. 2017.