- February 7 – 64-year-old Richard Anderson is struck by a train and killed in Springfield.
- February 11 – 15 year-old Bobby Collar attempts suicide at his home in Centreville. After lingering for three days, Collar dies on February 14 when he is carved up for parts for organ donation.
- February 18 – 38-year-old Jennifer L. Pearson is stabbed to death by her husband Timothy Conner in the couple's apartment at 12002 Waterside View Drive, #22 in Reston. Conner then sets a fire in the apartment and flees to Texas, where he commits suicide.
- February 28 – While fleeing from the Fairfax County Police following a domestic dispute at his house in Fairfax, 40-year-old Cicero I. Limberea unintentionally kills himself when he runs the white SUV he is driving head-on into a police cruiser while driving the wrong way on Little River Turnpike in Annandale and the SUV bursts into flames.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office. Man Struck by Train in North Springfield. Fairfax County Police Department News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 8 Feb. 2013. Web. 19 Feb. 2013.
- Goff, Karen. "Police: Reston Victim's Husband Found Dead." Reston Patch. Patch.com, 20 Feb. 2013. Web. 20 Feb. 2013.
- McDonald, Gregg. "Husband of Reston Woman Found Dead in Fire Commits Suicide in Texas." FairfaxTimes.com. Post-Newsweek Media, Inc./FairfaxTimes.com, 19 Feb. 2013. Web. 20 Feb. 2013.
- Gonzalez, John. "Little River Turnpike Reopened after Fairfax Police Involved Accident." WJLA. Allbritton Communications Company, 28 Feb. 2013. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
- "Man Dies in Fiery Head-On Crash With Police Officer." NBC4 Washington. NBCUniversal Media, LLC., 28 Feb. 2013. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
- "Man Killed in Head-on Crash with Fairfax Police Cruiser Identified" WTOP.com. WTOP, 28 Feb. 2013. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2013|
|January 2013||·||February||·||March 2013|