- April 11 – The Congressional Bank at 1800 Michael Faraday Drive in Reston is robbed by Edward M. Andrews.
- April 13 – 44-year-old Annandale man Hung T. Nguyen opens fire in the Belle View Barber Shop in Alexandria, killing 39-year-old Le D. Hoang and wounding another man. Nguyen surrenders to the Fairfax County Police the next day.
- April 22 – After slashing another man with a knife, Joseph A. Croft is shot to death by a Fairfax County Police officer in Springfield.
- April 24 – 24-year-old Arturo C. Zaldivar unintentionally kills himself when he crashes his 1988 Oldsmobile Bravada into the backyard of a home in the 13100 block of Lou Alice Way in Herndon.
- Trifone, Nicole. "Man Convicted in Oakton Bank Robbery, Three Others." McLean, VA Patch. Patch.com, 26 Oct. 2011. Web. 29 Oct. 2011.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office. Murder Suspect Arrested. Fairfax County Police News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 14 Apr. 2011. Web. 21 Oct. 2011.
- Fairfax County Police Department. Public Information Office. Police Investigate Officer-Involved Shooting in the Springfield Area. Fairfax County Police News Releases. Fairfax County Police Department, 22 Apr. 2011. Web. 5 Oct. 2011.
- Rhodes, Whitney. "Car Crashes Into Backyard, Killing One." Fairfax City, VA Patch. Patch.com, 24 Apr. 2011. Web. 12 July 2011.
|Fairfax County by Year: 2011|
|March 2011||·||April||·||May 2011|