- June 5 – Following a four-hour standoff with the Fairfax County Police, 21-year-old Brian McReight shoots and mortally injures himself at the Kings Park Shopping Center in Burke. He is taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies.
- June 9 – Saeed Sheikh is convicted of felonious assault by mob for his role in the fatal shooting of David C. Albrecht outside of George C. Marshall High School in Falls Church on February 27.
- June 18 – 14-year-old Eduardo Medrano fatally shoots himself in the head with a .38 caliber handgun while playing Russian roulette in the living room of his family's apartment in the Fairmont Gardens apartment complex in Annandale. Medrano is taken to the Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he dies that evening.
- June 23 – 28-year-old Ralph J. Caudill settles an argument with his 53-year-old mother Judy by shooting her in the back with his .22 caliber handgun and mortally wounding her at their home at 6489 Windham Avenue in Kingstowne. She is taken to the Inova Fairfax Hospital, where she dies on July 5.
- "Suicide at Shopping Center." The Washington Post: B.04. National Newspapers Core. Jun 06 1998. Web. 2 Mar. 2012.
- Melillo, Wendy. "Teen Convicted of Assault in Slaying at High School." The Washington Post: 0. Jun 10 1998. ProQuest. Web. 2 Feb. 2014.
- Davis, Patricia, and Erica Beshears. "Russian Roulette Blamed in Death." The Washington Post. WP Company, 19 June 1998. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Davis, Patricia, and Erica Beshears. "Nagging Questions in Fatal Shooting." The Washington Post. WP Company, 20 June 1998. Web. 22 June 2017.
- "Fairfax Man Shot Mother, Police Say." The Washington Post: 0. Jun 24 1998. ProQuest. Web. 2 Feb. 2014.
- "CRIME AND JUSTICE: Son Charged With Murder After Woman Dies." The Washington Post: 0. Jul 07 1998. ProQuest. Web. 2 Feb. 2014.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1998|
|May 1998||·||June||·||July 1998|