- June 13 – Secretary of the Commerce Department Charles Sawyer announces plans to acquire 4500 acres in Burke for a new international airport there. The Justice Department files suit in the Federal Court in Alexandria to condemn the land and posts notices of its intent in the local post office.
- June 29 – 28-year-old Corporal Okey H. Ailstock drowns while swimming in the Northern Virginia Construction Company's gravel pit on Edsall Road.
- Winship, Thomas. "450-Acre Tract in Fairfax County Located West of Shirley Hwy." The Washington Post (1923-1954): 1. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1995). Jun 14 1951. Web. 16 Feb. 2012.
- Netherton, Nan, and Ruth Preston. Rose. Memories of Beautiful Burke Virginia. Burke, VA: Burke Historical Society, 1988. Print.
- "Fort Myer Soldier Drowns In Fairfax Gravel Pit" Evening Star, 30 Jun. 1951, Two Star, p. 21. NewsBank. Accessed 22 Dec. 2017.
|Fairfax County by Year: 1951|
|May 1951||·||June||·||July 1951|