Events that took place in Fairfax County in 1946:
- February 21 – 26-year-old Margaret Clift is fatally injured by hit-and-run driver Karl R. Wolbach on Route 1 in Alexandria. The 24-year-old Marine is arrested in Washington, D. C. and turned over to Fairfax Police.
- February 21 – 67-year-old Walter R. Menefee is struck and killed by a car driven by 47-year-old Albert Coleman on Lee Highway in Centreville.
- May 3 – While collecting orchids along the Dead Run in McLean, 83-year-old retired scientist Dr. William O. Emery falls into the stream and drowns. Emery's corpse is located on May 7 by Fairfax County Police Officer Richard Wahl.
- September 29 – 39-year-old farmhand Thurman W. Fincham is fatally shot in the head with a .22 caliber rifle by an incautious hunter while hunting groundhogs on the Fairview Farm where he worked. Fincham's corpse is discovered the following day by another farm employee, 23-year-old Ashby Jenkins.
- "Two Fatally Injured By Autos in Fairfax; 2 District Boys Hurt"Evening Star, 22 Feb. 1946, Two Star, p. 24. NewsBank, . Accessed 22 Dec. 2017.
- "Marine Held in Investigation of Hit-Run Death of Woman." The Washington Post (1923-1954): 3. Feb 23 1946. ProQuest. Web. 9 July 2017.
- "Dr. Emery's Body Recovered by Police of Fairfax County." The Washington Post (1923-1954): 1. May 07 1946. ProQuest. Web. 9 July 2017.
- "Hunter's Shot is Blamed in Man's Death." The Washington Post (1923-1954): 7. Oct 01 1946. ProQuest. Web. 13 Aug. 2016.
|Fairfax County by Year|